FLAG FOOTBALL continues to be one of the fastest growing sports in North America and around the world! This means that as the sport grows in popularity the greater the need for more and more officials. Becoming a referee is not only a great way to make money, it helps you stay active and provides a valuable service and mentorship to younger players enjoying all the benefits and fun of flag football!
Flag Officials are paid on a per game basis and can referee 2 one-hour games every evening(Spring season) or up to an entire day (up to 3 games per day during the Winter indoor season). With Spring Flag games scheduled 4 nights per week, our referees can earn several hundred dollars over the 6 or 7 week season.
Flag Official Pay Rates – Start at $20 per game
- You can start officiating at the age of 13 (turning 14 in the current year) however only officiating games for the younger age divisions.
- We provide training for new referees, as well as refresher clinics for returning referees. Dates and times are announced ahead of each season start.
- Every referee is required to register online and obtain their Football Manitoba/Football Canada Membership which also includes insurance. This is a yearly fee.
- Referees are required to have their own Officials jersey. These are available through the Football Manitoba office (approx $35.00).
- Referees will receive all game assignments through our TeamLinkt Officials’ platform.
- Earnings for officiating are either paid out at the end of the season or at the mid-way point and end of each season. There are currently no deductions from your pay unless you have a balance owing.
i.e. your unpaid registration or a jersey purchase.
NEW OFFICIALS – TRAINING STEPS
Football Manitoba provides all training for all flag officials before the start of each season. New delivery methods for flag training are now available and you can get started on your own time right now!
Follow these steps to get started as a Non-Contact (Flag) Official!
COMPLETE THE LEVEL 1 E-LEARNING MODULE
Introductory online course through Football Canada
After creating your account, email firstname.lastname@example.org
to obtain a voucher number to allow you to take the eLearning for free.
AS A FLAG OFFICIAL WITH FOOTBALL MANITOBA
Use the registration link on the front page to register for the current season
COMPLETE ON-FIELD TRAINING
You will be contacted to schedule your paid training
during games at the start of the current season
TAKE THE LEVEL #1 EXAM
DO NOT ATTEMPT LEVEL ONE EXAM UNTIL LEVEL ONE
CLINIC OR ON-FIELD TRAINING IS COMPLETED.
If you are interested in officiating flag football or would like more information, please email: email@example.com